The Boss DC-2W is a special Waza Craft recreation of the legendary DC-2 Dimension first released in 1985. Only sold over a four-year period and heavily sought after by collectors, the iconic purple pedal is back with some thoughtful updates.
You’d be forgiven to pass this off as a simple chorus, but it’s so much more that that. The DC-2W expands the depth of your guitar tone to new levels in either mono or stereo output.
Waza Craft have equipped the DC-2W with a second analog mode, on top of the original singular analog design. The DC-2W utilises these two independent circuits – the S and SDD-320 modes – to drastically widen sonic possibilities.
It’s also fitted with a premier buffer, meaning ultra-low noise, pure signal transfer and buffered bypass. Simply put, the DC-2W is better than ever before.
Controls consist of four switches ranging from 1-4. The higher the number, the wider the dimensions of the effect in the mix. They all have varying rates and voicings, so you’ve got plenty to get stuck into. Mix and match by selecting two buttons at once.
Switch over to the SDD-320 mode, which recreates the subtle modulation of the Roland ‘Chorus Machine’ produced in 1979. You’ll hear this sprawled over Stevie Ray Vaughan’s guitar work and Brian Eno’s synth sounds.
Mono output produces a thick, lush and warbly '80s-style chorus. But running the DC-2W in stereo is where it comes into its own. It hard pans the signal for that huge doubling effect, but retains more tonal structure than mono’s fluctuations.
In Japanese, ‘Waza’ means art or technique. That’s exactly why Boss assigned their best designers and engineers to the Waza Craft project. Their goal is to reach the pinnacle of guitar amp and effect design.
Premium Waza Craft pedals contain carefully picked transistor and capacitor components. These circuits produce exceptional analog, transparent effects.
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analog audio circuitry
- Standard mode provides the sound of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal
- SDD-320 mode authentically reproduces the vintage Roland SDD-320 Dimension D, a legendary studio rack effect heard on countless hit records
- Iconic four-button preset interface, updated with reliable electronic switches and LED status indicators
- Four main sounds in each mode, plus six variations by pressing two switches together (20 total sounds available)
- Premium buffer and enhanced bypass circuitry
- Versatile I/O for integrating with any mono or stereo application, from guitar and bass pedalboards to keyboards and studio mixing
- Made in Japan
Boss DC-2W Waza Craft Dimension C Chorus Pedal Specifications
|Power Source:||PSU & Battery|