Analog sound, digital conventience.
KingKORG is the full-fledged analog modeling synthesizer that musicians have been waiting for. It carries on the design philosophy of classic Korg analog synthesizers while retaining all of the conveniences of a modern keyboard instrument. This exciting, hands-on synth can model a huge variety of oscillators, plus a library of filters from sought-after vintage synthesizers. It particularly shines on stage, not only with its great sound, but also quite literally with a gorgeous champagne gold finish befitting its royal name.
Powerful oscillators that are both understandable to the beginner and satisfying for the expert
KingKORG features a 3-oscillator x 2-timbre design that allows you to generate thick and rich sounds, plus a newly developed XMT modeling sound engine. XMT (Xpanded Modeling Technology) is proprietary Korg technology that was created in order to produce a broad range of sonic variations while keeping operation simple. In a conventional synthesizer, the sound-creating process requires you to adjust the oscillator settings one by one, making it difficult to see the overall picture. In contrast, KingKORG provides pre-set algorithms that contain combinations of various types and numbers of oscillators, letting you easily and quickly sculpt stage-ready sounds. The wide range of oscillator algorithms includes the choices you'd expect from an analog synthesizer-sawtooth wave, square wave, and noise-in addition to numerous PCM/DWGS algorithms, giving you plenty of scope choices for creating highly personal sounds.
Modeling filters that reproduce the sound of classic instruments
Extreme attention was paid to the filter section, which is crucial to a synthesizer's character. A diverse variety of filters is a unique advantage of analog modeling, and KingKORG's filters add unparalleled flexibility. In addition to a variety of essential analog modeling filter types, you get faithful models of filters that reproduce the analog monophonic synths used for lead and bass in the '70s, the polyphonic synths used in new wave music of the '80s, and the filters of Korg's classic MS-20 analog synth. These filters can also be made to self-oscillate by raising the resonance setting- a unique capability of analog synthesizers.
Three master effects, each with six effect types, add the finishing touch to your sound
KingKORG provides three master effect sections, each giving you a choice of six effect types: PRE FX, with types such as distortion and amp simulator; MOD FX, with classic effects like phaser, chorus, and tremolo; and REV/DELAY, with ambience effects such as hall reverb and modulation delay. Each effect processor has a dedicated front panel dial that selects the effect type. To choose the ideal effect type, simply turn the dial to hear the result, and use the FX control knobs located below these dials to adjust the effect as desired.
Vacuum tube driver circuit adds rich overtones and powerful distortion
KingKORG provides a full-analog vacuum tube driver circuit as a mastering effect. You can use it to add warm fullness, a powerful overdrive, or anything in between.
The built-in vocoder uses audio from the onboard mic input to modify the sound, creating an effect as though the synthesizer were talking. The vocoder features Formant Shift to dramatically modify the tonal character, as well as Formant Hold, which allows you to "freeze" a vowel sound and play it back using the keys. Thanks to the KingKORG's dual-timbre architecture, you can even combine the vocoder with another timbre, either as a complementing sound or a modulation source.
Virtual patch function
On many classic synthesizers (such as the MS-20), the signal flow could be reconfigured using patch cables to physically connect one element to another. KingKORG reproduces this function with an intuitive Virtual Patch system. With six Virtual Patch assignments per timbre, control signals such as EG, LFO, or joystick movement can be virtually connected to sound parameters such as pitch or cutoff, allowing you to modulate a parameter for even greater sound-shaping possibilities.
Step arpeggiator function
The step arpeggiator automatically generates an arpeggiated phrase (broken chord) according to the chord you hold on the keyboard. You can choose from six arpeggio types, and specify the duration, interval, and on/off status of each step to enjoy a wide variety of performance possibilities.
- A knob-driven 61-key analog modeling synthesizer designed for live performance
- Powerful oscillators that are understandable to the beginner, yet satisfying for the expert
- Modeling filters that reproduce the sound of classic instruments
- Three master effect sections (each with six effect types) add the finishing touch to the sound
- Vacuum tube driver circuit adds rich overtones and powerful distortion
- New panel layout designed for intuitive operation
- CV/GATE OUT jack lets you control a Korg Monotribe or MS-20
- XMT (eXpanded Modeling Technology)
- Number of programs:
- 300 (Preset: 200)
- Number of categories:
- 8 categories
- Number of timbers:
- Up to 2 Timbres (Layered or Split)
- Maximum voice polyphony:
- Up 24 voices
- 3 Oscillators (Analog, Noise, DWGS, PCM, MIC IN)
- Number of Types:
- 127 types (Analog & Noise: 32 + DWGS: 64 + PCM: 30 + MIC IN)
- 1 filter per timbre (LPF, HPF, BPF)
- Number of Filter Types:
- 18 types (LPF: 7 + HPF: 5 + BPF: 6), including modeling filters
- EG: 2 units, LPF: 2 units, AMP
- Virtual Patch:
- 6 Virtual Patches per timbre
- Program effects x 3 (PRE FX, MOD FX, REV/DELAY) + EQ (2 Band) + TUBE (Stereo)
- PRE FX: 6 types (DISTORTION, DECIMATOR, RING MOD, GT AMP, EP AMP, TONE)
- MOD FX: 6 types (FLANGER, CHORUS, U-VIBE, TREMOLO, PHASER, ROTARY)
- REV/DELAY: 6 types (HALL, ROOM, PLATE, TAPE ECHO, MOD DELAY, BPM DELAY)
- 16-Band Vocoder with Formant Shift and Formant Hold
- Up to 8 steps (The number of steps can be changed)
- 6 types (UP, DOWN, ALT1, ALT2, RANDOM, TRIGGER)
- Mic In
- Connection: XLR-3-31 Type (Balanced)
- Input Impedance: 6.8 kO
- Maximum level: -12 dBu
- Audio Output
- Connections: 6.3 mm, TS phone jack (Unbalanced) "L/MONO, R"
- Load Impedance: More than 10 kO
- Maximum level: -12 dBu
- Connection: 3.5 mm, Stereo min phone jack
- Maximum level: 60 mW + 60 mW @33O
- Main Display:
- 16 characters x 2 lines / OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode)
- Sub Displays for Oscillator and Filter Sections:
- 128 x 64 dots / OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode)
- 61 notes (Semi-Weighted Keyboard)
- *Adjustable Key Response (NORMAL, SHALLOW, DEEP)
- Joystick, Octave Up/Down button, Category/Favorite button
- Control input:
- DAMPER pedal (Supports Half Dampering)
- Control Output:
- CV/GATE Out
- MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB Type B
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 40.43 x 12.32 x 3.78 inches / 1,027 × 313 × 96 mm
- 15.43 lbs. / 7.0 kg
- 0 - 40°C (avoid condensation)
- AC Adapter
- Owner's Manual
- Cable for CV/GATE (For KORG monotribe only)