The HS5 features newly developed transducers with an advanced magnetic field design that regulates the flow of magnetic response for seamless, natural sonic transitions. The dome tweeter utilises a thick wave guide to minimise vibration and deliver smooth, distortion-free high end while the ultra-responsive woofer produces low distortion sound with a well-defined bottom end.
The monitor has been designed to eliminate unwanted noise, with a dense, resilient MDF enclosure with three-way mitred-joint corners to remove resonance, and a speaker port design that reduces audible noise up to 6dB, allowing the monitor to meet the demands of professional production environments.
The HS5 has two response controls to allow it to adapt to the surface acoustics of rooms of varying shape and size. Room Control attenuates the exaggerated low-end that comes from placing speakers next to walls, and High Trim allows for more flexible control of high frequency response.
- System Type: 2-Way Bi-Amp Powered Studio Monitor
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 54Hz - 30kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Transducers: LF 5" Cone, HF 1" Dome
- Output Power: 70W (45W LF + 25W HF)
- Input Sensitivity / Impedance: -10dBu / 10k Ohms
- Input Connectors (Parallel): XLR3-31 type (Balanced), PHONE (Balanced)
- Controls:Power Indicator: White LED
- LEVEL Control (+4dB / Centre Click)
- HIGH TRIM Switch (+/-2dB at HF)
- ROOM CONTROL Switch (0/-2/-4dB under 500Hz)
- Power Consumption: 45W
- Enclosure: Bass-Reflex Type, MDF